Thursday, April 9, 2015

#395 Basketball/Nyquil Hangover

I have tried to be somewhat consistent in my posts, especially those related to Italy.  Unfortunately I hit a slight slump the past two weeks and am just now recovering.  Each year around this time I succumb to a basketball "hangover".  I watch too many basketball games that go late into the night. Sometimes I attend such games.  This year was the same story, but throw in a youth clinic the morning of semi-final Saturday.  I was up at 5 a.m. to be there by 6 a.m., left the place around 1 p.m. Headed downtown to walk around (you gotta walk around!  Even saw Shaq!).  Games at 6 p.m.  In bed by 1 a.m.  On top of that I contracted my second sinus infection in the past month.  Nice!  I hacked into my lucky red "Wisconsin" scarf Saturday night so did not wear it Monday.  I rallied for the final game (I think I even had a slight fever, which kept me warm in chilly Lucas Oil so that was a bonus) and even made it to work on time Tuesday morning (thanks a lot swimming meeting).

During my sicknesses my meds of choice have been Sinex by day and Nyquil at night.  Sniff and swallow.  I feel like an episode of Laverne and Shirley ("Sip, swirl, suck, swallow.")  I have slept great with the Nyquil but have also slept through my alarm several mornings.  That stuff works!

I am not seeking sympathy, just laying out the facts.  I actually didn't feel too bad, just lethargic and a bit crabby now and then.  I will be fine.  Hopefully I can get back on track to tell you all about Florence next week!  Thanks for hanging in!

No comments:

Post a Comment