Wednesday, February 12, 2014

#370 P!NK

November 22, 2013

I am probably not your typical music lover in that I don’t buy a lot of music (online or CD).  Heck, I still have an iTunes card that was given to me as a gift about two years ago.  I used to work with a man who bought CDs every Tuesday (that’s when new music comes out – I do know that) and about 10 years ago his estimated CD collection was over 5,000. 

Just because I don’t own a lot of CDs shouldn’t diminish my love of music.  If I “own” you, I really love you.  Last Christmas I got P!NK’s Greatest Hits…So Far!!! CD and loved it.  I’ve always thought in the back of my mind that if she ever came to town I would have to see her.  So last March we heard she was coming and snagged tickets.  And then had to wait eight months to see her.  She did not disappoint. 

I went with some friend, my brother and sister-in-law, and niece, Megan.  Megan came home from school for the concert.  Some of her friends were surprised she was seeing P!NK since Megan mostly listens to country music.  Then they asked her who she was going with.  “My mom and dad, and my aunt.”  She laughed because it sounded so lame to them.  Not, “oh, a bunch of friends” or “my boyfriend” but “my mom and dad.”  LOVE it!  I must say that we are pretty cool for “old” folks.  J 
 
Weird angle - I have man-hands!
 Back to P!NK - the thing I like most about her is that she is true to herself. She came on the music scene around the same time as Britney Spears, Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson.  I’m sure she was compared to them a lot – she even mentions being compared to Brittany in her song “Don’t Let Me Get Me”.  “Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears, she’s so pretty, that just ain’t me.”  In hindsight, she was better off not being like Britney. 

This woman puts on a show.  Sometimes people are all about the show and are not much about the music.  P!NK is superb at both.  She didn’t fly around all the time, but when she did, watch out.  She came out on some bungee cords, later was flying around some caged egg-like thing (with no harness!) and in between was running all over the place.  The stage setting was so cool.  Her outfits were cool too.  They certainly showed off her abs - she is ripped!  She has to be with all her physical feats. 
 



She ended the show by flying around the arena in a gold one piece suit with super high heels.  The harness was around her waist and allowed her to flip around.  She was flitting here and there and at one point hovered in front of us.  So amazing!
 
 

If you ever get a chance to see P!NK, do it.  Tickets aren’t cheap, but SO WHAT?  She’s a ROCK STAR!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment