Tuesday, March 12, 2013

#340 Adult Swim

A few Saturdays ago, Kerstin and I attended the first Adult Swim held at the Children’s Museum. It was an over-21 night of food, drinks and music that was a fundraiser for the museum and the Sapphire Theatre Company. All the museum exhibits were open to explore, with various food a drink stations spread throughout the floors. They even brought the Vogue into the dinosaur exhibit, complete with dancing cages.


My favorite exhibits were the geckos, the Hot Wheels and the ever-present carousel. The newspaper reported over 2,000 people attended and that it was sold out. Kerstin and I had a great time and I would definitely do it again. I read it will become an annual event.

 

 





On a side note, both Kerstin and I had our hair cut this afternoon. Mine was a usual trim, but she went to a new hairdresser for a new style. She always looks great at work, but she looked fabulous at the museum with her new cut and a cute outfit.

During our time in the dinosaur Vogue, we chatted with a tall (6'8"), dark and handsome guy in a white tux. Before he left to find his friends, he gave me his number. It was a nice cap to a really fun night. Stay tuned to see what happens…

I try to live my life in a way that keeps the enthusiasm of a child alive. I love to get excited about little things. Geckos, Hot Wheels, Rick’s Picks. Yes, I’m a responsible adult, but I also have a sense of play. And I hope that continues into my old age, like it does for the couple we saw in the dinosaur Vogue. Even though I’m an adult, I still love to jump in the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment