Friday, November 2, 2012

#312 Happy Halloween

I just realized I hadn't posted pictures from Halloween since 2009.  What's up with that?  For the past few years I've had to come up with two costumes.  One for a party held outside (well, inside an garage), and one for work.  I need to dress for warmth for the outside party and sometimes the work costume will work, but is not always ready.  I also need to step it up for work because we have a contest.  I have won one of the titles each year in the past and feel a mounting pressure each year to continue my streak.  People also expect big things from me and I don't want to disappoint them.   

This year's party costume was put together in less than a week.  Heidi decided to be Daphne after checking out costumes for red heads.  Krista (Scooby Doo) and Julie (Fred) jumped on board, as did I (Shaggy).  Velma was kidnapped by the ghost.  Zoiks!



 My work costume took a little more time to put together, although I did get my idea over the summer when I saw a street performer on Mass. Ave. during a First Friday Fringe event.

Special thanks to: 
  • The Mass. Ave. lady for giving me the idea. 
  • Michelle for giving me the dummy head. 
  • Patty (Michelle's deceased neighbor) for my swimming cap.
  • Lynne for finding the swimming cap in Patty's yard sale (best .25 ever spent).
  • Sears for having a super sale so I could buy two identical tankinis for $10 each. 
  • Work for letting us dress up! 
I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween! 







No comments:

Post a Comment