Friday, September 28, 2012

#309 Speaking of Fashion...

Since I'm on the subject of fashion and wanting to dress in a more interesting way, the most interestingly-dressed person I know is my cousin, Susan Riedweg.  She is a clothing/handbag designer and is incredibly talented.  She is always wearing something cool and marches to the beat of her own drum.  I especially love that she re-uses and re-purposes things (not just clothing/material). 

On her website she mentions being inspired by her great aunt, among others.  Aunt Frieda worked at Ayres department store and at one time worked in the fur department.  She saved the mink paws after they were discarded and eventually saved enough to make her own full length mink coat.  The epitome of re-use and re-purpose!  I have some old pictures of her back in the day and she was very stylish in her own right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment