Friday, September 14, 2012

#307 KISS Is On My List

Two weeks ago I went to my first KISS concert. I was about 20 years too late. Better late than never! I loved it! After the KISS Expo debacle (see Post No. 283), Heidi and I made out much better and got to meet the band before the show. Luckily that meant we missed most of Motley Crue. I do like a couple of their songs, and I am bummed I missed seeing Tommy Lee play drums upside down, but as a live performance, they are pretty nasty. They even have water cannons (which we missed) and to top it off, throw five gallon buckets of water on the front rows (which we did not miss). Classy.


KISS, on the other hand, is awesome! They put on a fabulous show. Flying, fake blood capsules, rising sections of the stage. Who doesn’t love watching men in their 40s and 60s wearing black spandex and makeup?


Paul is definitely my favorite. He still rocks at 60. Heck, they ALL rock at whatever age they are.


I went to my first KISS concert at age 43. I hope it’s not my last. To misspell The Cure, “KISS me, KISS me, KISS me!”

  

No comments:

Post a Comment