Monday, June 11, 2012

#288 Hell on Heels

Heeled boots, that is.  Last Friday Lori, Megan and I went to the Miranda Lambert concert at the Klipsch Music Center (formerly Verizon Wireless, formerly Deer Creek).  A friend of a friend was kind enough to help us out with tickets and we got to go backstage for a meet and greet before the show.  They took the pictures and we were instructed to keep our phones/cameras put away.  Miranda could sign one item per person. 



The openers were Jarrod Niemann and Chris Young.  Miranda is a spitfire and puts on a great show.  Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley came out during the Miranda portion and they did some Pistol Annie songs.  We sat about eight rows back and  had a great time! 

Toward the end of the show the man behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked how tall I was.  He was 6'3" and said that people usually have to move to see around him at a concert, but he's never had to move to see around anyone else.  We had a nice exchange about our height and had a good laugh. 

Before Miranda came on I ran to the bathroom to make a quick pit stop and stood in the shorter port-a potty line (around eight people vs. the longer 50 people bathroom line).  I was almost to the front when two girls walked up, one visibly drunk.  She was asking people if she could cut in line.  I thought the girl in front of me was going to let her cut and I said out loud, "I mind, but that's just me."  She ended up not letting her cut and who knows if anyone else behind me did.  The more sober girl knew someone behind me and said, "It's not her fault...she was over-served."  Excuse me??!  I spoke out loud again and said, "Well, she drank it so I think it is her fault."  I do not feel sorry for someone who drinks too much and then can't wait to use the toilet.  You should have thought of that before you got so drunk you could barely walk.  During and after the show I saw several people getting sick.  The girl in front of us.  A girl a few rows behind us.  People on the concourse getting sick in the plants.  I kept looking down while walking out to avoid stepping in anything. 

One last thing - we bought Legacy Parking passes - TOTALLY worth it.  We were out in five minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment