Thursday, March 22, 2012

#273 Another Squeeze

Last week I had a routine mammogram (see previous post). They called me Monday and asked me to come in again. Apparently I have dense tissue and they wanted to look more closely on one side. I went back yesterday afternoon for two more pictures and an ultrasound. A few years ago they asked me to come back, so I wasn't overly concerned, but in the back of my mind I was praying that it wasn't something bad. It wasn't. The doctor finally came in to do the ultrasound and explained everything to me. He apologized for the wait (which really wasn't that long) and said that a woman had just had a positive diagnosis and they had to do a biopsy.

On the way home I felt relieved that I am fine, but kept thinking about the woman who is not, and said a prayer for her. There but for the grace of God go I.

Then I drove by a man mowing his lawn without a shirt on. His breasts were bigger than mine and I immediately thought that they would have had an easier time giving him a mammogram! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment