Monday, December 12, 2011

#237 Mary and Joseph

It's that time of year when thoughts turn to the baby Jesus (for some people, anyway) and his parents, Mary and Joseph.

I have a friend named Mary who I’ve known since we were in kindergarten together. She and her husband, Joe, live near Fort Wayne. Her parents and some siblings still go to my church so I see her once or twice a year, usually around Christmas. Her parents had a Christmas open house last Sunday and I was able to visit with her.

Mary and Joe have 10 children. The oldest (twins) are 15 and the youngest is four. He just turned four and Mary said it was a milestone birthday because now they don’t have any kids in car seats (for their 15-passenger van). And not only does Mary have a house full of kids, she also home schools them. Amazing! As I said before, I don’t see her or the kids that often, but they are some of the best-behaved kids I’ve ever been around.

I used to laugh because I’d see her mom at church in December and she’d tell me when Mary was going to be in town. She would usually say, “She’s pregnant again!” Another Mary and Joseph expecting a baby around Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment