Tuesday, August 16, 2011

#218 The Biggest Name In Comedy

Last Friday night I saw Costaki Economopoulos (billed as the “biggest” name in comedy) at Morty’s Comedy Joint. He’s a regular on Q95’s Bob & Tom Show and is one of my favs. I went to the 10:15 p.m. show, as I had gone to the zoo right after work until 9 p.m. for a work summer picnic. I did get reprimanded by a policeman as I tried to drive around a drum & bugle core group walking VERY SLOWLY down the street to the stadium all in a huge line. I wanted to yell, “I’ve got to get to Costaki!” but he just waved me in another direction.

Phil, Michelle and I met up at Morty’s and were early enough that we were able to meet (and get a pic with) Costaki. I’d never seen him before – very cute!! As you can guess by the name, he’s Greek. About 6’2”, dark hair, glasses, great smile. He was very nice and I told him that even though he is the biggest name in comedy, I am literally his biggest fan. Corny, I know, but it’s my go-to line! He laughed and said he loved tall women.

His show was great. I’m always fascinated by how a comedian’s mind works, but his viewpoints are particularly interesting. His intelligence, humor and good looks makes for an overall attractive package. (Get your mind out of the gutter!) :-) FUN day that ended on a funny note.


No comments:

Post a Comment