Wednesday, July 20, 2011

#211 Dual Survivor

I have another new favorite show. This show also has two men. And to prove it’s not all about the “eye candy”, I do not find either particularly attractive. :-) The show is Dual Survivor and the two men are Cody and Dave. Cody is a hippie with long braids, a ring in his nose and he never wears shoes. He lives in Arizona and is a a minimalist and primitive skills expert. Dave is a military-style survival expert and professional hunting guide and tracker. In each episode, Cody and Dave are placed in a common survival situation such as marooned sailors, lost hikers, trapped divers, and stranded mountain climbers. They then have to survive for a few days with only the gear that a person who found themselves in that scenario would have.Along the way, they demonstrate how to survive off of the land and make gear they need to survive. I was at my parent’s house yesterday and Paul and Aaron were watching it. At first I was repulsed by the bugs, dirt, etc. Then I found it interesting. They are both very smart and I learned a lot about survival. After I got home I turned on my TV and there was a Dual Survivor marathon so I watched about two and a half more episodes. It’s just fascinating! Who knew you could tap a birch tree for water? Or that there is sometimes water inside bamboo?

No comments:

Post a Comment