Thursday, June 16, 2011

#197 Hal Ketchum

My favorite country singer is Hal Ketchum. I first heard of him in the early 90s and saw him once in concert at 8 Seconds Saloon. He’s not the most well-known amongst the average country music fan. I’m sure most of you, if not all, asked yourself, “Who?” As with a lot of the musicians I like, there is just something about him. He has a great voice and is an amazing songwriter. And he is dead sexy.



Three years ago Megan and I took a road trip to Nashville during her fall break. Before the trip I had no idea what a big country music fan she was. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Ryman and also toured the current Grand Ole’ Opry. We even took advantage of the shopping right across from the Opry at the Opry Mills Mall.

I ordered tickets online for the Opry and as luck would have it, Hal was performing that night. He is a member of the Opry and was on a regular rotation at that time. There are basically three parts to the show and each performer sings two songs. Our seats were in the front row off to the left side of the stage right where the performers entered and exited so I got a great view of him. We also got to see a new artist that we’d just heard on the radio on our trip there – Luke Bryan. When he started singing Megan and I looked at each other and said, “It’s the guy from the radio!” (We'd just heard, "All My Friends Say")It was a wonderful show.

No comments:

Post a Comment