Friday, June 3, 2011

#187 Heel Yes

Today I have set a personal record for shoe heel height. I am wearing a pair of 4” wedge platforms (Franco Sarto Carnival Wedge in black). Last Saturday Julie and I stopped at the Nordstrom half yearly sale (taking a break from celeb searching during Indy 500 weekend). It seems like when I shoe shop with someone else I end up trying on the highest heels just to be funny. So I tried on a cute pair of open toed black patent slingback wedge platforms (whew!). And I thought they were really cute. And I bought them! While looking at them in the mirror I noticed other patrons staring at me. And I swear I heard someone whisper from the other side of the sale rack, “She’s really tall even with no shoes on.”

I wore them around the house a bit to see how they felt. Wow I am really tall in these shoes. I told some friends at work about them. And today I brought them in to wear at work to see how they feel wearing them all day. I asked opinions from about five people. My main concern is that I not look ridiculous. I know what I like and am comfortable wearing most anything but wanted an honest opinion about a 6’6” woman wearing 4” heels. I got the thumbs up. Well, from everyone other than Ethan, who is 6’8”. He doesn’t like it when I wear heels. He’s really kidding, but deep down inside I do think it bothers him a little. His wife is tall so he’s ok.

I have discovered two issues with these shoes: 1) My legs will not fit underneath my desk so I have to sit somewhat like a man; and 2) I have to duck when walking into the restroom stall so I don’t hit my head on the bar. I mentioned this to another woman here and she said, “There’s a bar in the bathroom stall?” She never noticed.

These shoes will hereby be known as my “Nordstrom going out of business” shoes. Or maybe I should call them my “hit my head on the bar in the bathroom stall” shoes. Be careful out there ladies.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you wore them! You know, if you looked ridiculous in them, I would never have let you buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good point. Thanks friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were very cute. Glad you wore them. And, there's a bar in the bathroom stall? Never would've known it. Will have to check that out on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a follower of your blog let me say we need a pic in order to judge how you look in your new shoes. I promise an honest verdict.

    ReplyDelete