Tuesday, February 15, 2011

#152 A Day In The Life

I added a new blog to my blog list today. I hope you can find time to check it out. Here's the history of how I found out about her: My co-worker Jen's brother graduated from Auburn and is friends with Marissa, another Auburn graduate. So Marissa went to the BCS championship game in January and on her way to the airport the next day she had a seizure. Turns out she has a brain tumor. Jen filled me in on her story and then showed me her blog. I have never met Marissa, but just reading her blog you can tell that she is a very positive and determined young woman who, at 23, is handling quite a lot. Not only is she battling a brain tumor, she also lost her job.

If you feel so inclined, please pray for Marissa. In one of her posts she asks for prayers...

"For those of you lifting me up in prayers, I know its human nature, even for me, to pray for selfish things like, no cancer. But, I ask that you pray for God's will, and pray more for acceptance, and patience for me this week and during this journey. ...Thanks for keeping me in your prayers, its the greatest gift of all!!!"

I thought I would also add an address for donations:

Marissa Parks
United Community Bank in Villa Rica, GA
485 W Bankhead HWY
Villa Rica, GA 30180
#-770-459-3100

War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment