Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#147 Snow Days

Like most of the country, Indy has been hit by a winter storm and I've been at home the past two days. As fun as it is to have a snow day, I do feel a bit isolated when I have to work from home. And I don't have high-speed Internet so dial-up drives me nuts. Maybe I'm a bit behind the times, but I can't justify paying a monthly Internet bill when I rarely work at home.

Some neighbors have been out chipping away at the ice on their driveways. I may go out in a bit but don't want to kill my back with the ice. I do make sure I lift with my knees! And no twisting - gotta save the back! Shovels aren't made for the super tall.

I do wish I still had ice skates. I would love to skate down the street. I used to do that as a kid. Sometimes a small creek would appear in our backyard that would connect with the real creek down the street. When it froze I used to skate all over the neighborhood. So much fun! And the snow forts, snowball fights, sledding...

Be safe out there!

1 comment:

  1. I've got snow drifts as tall as you in my yard in Chicago... No joke! LOL
    That was one brutal storm!!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete