Tuesday, January 18, 2011

#142 Rock Star Boyfriend

No, I don’t have a boyfriend, but I have what I call my “Rock Star Boyfriend” at my gym. He hasn’t been there in a while, but he’s tall with dark spiky hair and kind of looks like a rock star. I’ve never talked to him, but once we passed each other in the hallway where it’s just common courtesy to smile or say hi and he walked right by me like I wasn’t even there. That should have been my first sign.

Last Saturday I was walking with a friend at a local park and up ahead noticed a man walking toward us with his dog. As he got closer I realized it was my rock star boyfriend and I whispered to my friend, “I have a crush on that guy!” He passed us and I said hi and he said hi back. I didn’t want to come right out with “Don’t you go to my gym?” when he was wearing a hat and basically all covered up. But, as luck would have it, I had a second chance as we took a loop through the park and passed him again. This time I did say, “Don’t you go to my gym?” as he walked right by me. And kept going. And didn’t let my friend pet his dog. He did have ear buds in but I didn’t hear any loud music and you can usually hear people speak to you. Whatever, major loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment