Thursday, January 6, 2011

#136 It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas is my favorite time of year. Well, other than summer. But it is my favorite holiday. I am lucky that I am able to take time off from work during Christmas and New Year’s. I’m able to spend time with my family and friends, and only have to drive about five miles to my parent’s house. No flight headaches for me! I’m able to get things done around the house (in the past I’ve painted, taken down wallpaper, etc., and this year I organized a basement bedroom that looked like it had exploded). I’m able to stay up late and watch cheesy Christmas movies on Lifetime and Hallmark. And when nothing else is on I pull out my Northern Exposure DVDs (I like watching them in the winter since it’s set in Alaska). And I’m able to reflect on the many blessings God has bestowed upon me and for seeing me through another year. Thank you tiny, baby Jesus! It is indeed the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment