Monday, October 18, 2010

#110 Sick And Tired...

Of being sick and tired! I’ve been sick twice in the past month and a half and I hardly ever get sick. I was sick September 6 and had a nice “air and water show” (as I heard it described on Bob & Tom) for a few days. I ate crackers and applesauce for four days. I also learned milk is NOT your friend during these shows. I recovered well enough to go on TRIRI (blog to come later).

Ironically, after recovering and having no issues for a week, I had a voluntary air and water show September 19 because of a colonoscopy. My mom had colon cancer so have screenings every five years. I felt like calling the doctor during my other show to see if they had an opening since I was already cleaned out.

So all is well and I bounced back when…I felt pukey the night of October 4. Throughout the night I felt nauseous and had a smaller air and water show. I stayed home from work the next day. You know when you think, “I wish I could stay home all day, lie around and watch TV.”? And then you actually stay home all day, lie around and watch TV and it’s not so fun when you get nauseous just sitting up? And your back hurts because you’ve been lying around all day? NOT fun. I recovered again and was well enough to do the Hilly Hundred (post #109). Why do I get sick right before a big biking event?

My weight dropped due to not eating during these times and I’m doing my best to get back to my fighting weight. You all know I can’t afford to lose any weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment