Thursday, August 5, 2010

#101 Love The Library!

This post is in honor of my favorite librarian, Mary. I love the library! I love books in general and have always loved to read. As a kid I would climb a tree in our front yard and sit up there and read (and keep an eye on the neighborhood happenings). Despite my love of books, I don’t own many. Why buy them when you can get them for free? My first memory of a library was joining the summer reading club as a kid. Read a certain number of books and you get a free bookmark! Some of my favorites back then were the Encyclopedia Brown and The Chronicles of Narnia series, “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret”, and “The View from the Cherry Tree”. As an adult I discovered that you can put books on hold and pick them up when they are available. Just yesterday I picked up three. I still feel excited when I walk out of the library with a book in hand. It’s the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment