Friday, July 30, 2010

#97 Liberty Basketball Association

A co-worker just e-mailed me this article to remind me of a somewhat embarrassing part of my basketball past.

Yes, that's me in the photo. Nevermind the crazy outfit, am I wearing a scrunchie?

I was finishing my last quarter in college and was invited to participate in an experimental league with a shorter floor, smaller ball and shorter goal. What I was not told before my arrival was about the uniforms. I remember going in the room and being speechless looking at a UNITARD. I also remember holding it up by the top shoulder straps and it looked as if it would fit a small child. Being thin, I was one of the lucky ones. Some of those girls were a bit heavier and I am not sure how they got the thing on. One trip down the court and I had an atomic wedgie. I wanted to keep the uniform as a souvenir but they wouldn't let me have it.

The game time was in the afternoon so I thought everyone I knew at school would be in class. Then I got back to class and had several people (mostly guys) tell me they watched it! They did say that I looked pretty good compared to some of the heavier girls.

Despite a bit of embarrassment, it was fun, all-expenses paid trip. I think I came in second in the slam dunk contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment