Monday, July 26, 2010

#94 R.O.C.K in the USA

Last Saturday was a day of music! Megan and I saw country singer Luke Bryan (the Academy of Country Music’s top newcomer for this year) perform at the Brickyard in the Pagoda Plaza. We got a spot up front and got some really good pictures. He put on a great show and even did some rapping, including Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice Baby". Despite the Ice, it was extremely hot out there. It was a relief to get back to the car and crank the AC to level 4.



Megan was HAPPY to see Luke!



Later that night I went downtown with Krista, Kenny, Phil and Michelle to see if we could catch any stars out and about. Last year Phil and Michelle saw Peyton Manning at Harry & Izzy’s. The only celeb we saw there was Ericka Flye from Channel 6 news. We also saw a guy sitting by himself that they thought was a Colt’s player but was never confirmed. We decided to leave and on our way out saw none other than Indiana rocker John Mellencamp, hanging out, smoking on the sidewalk with what we guessed were his two sons. I tentatively approached him, telling him I loved his music and asking permission to get a picture taken with him. He obliged and even put his arm around me. I admit that I was a bit intimidated by him – I wasn’t sure how he would respond and I always try to be mindful of invading someone’s privacy. I also told him that I had seen his artwork at the Herron School of Art several years ago and liked it. Anyway, he seemed fairly friendly and not bothered by my request, so I deemed it a success. I do like his music (saw him in concert once) and even think he’s kinda cute. Not as hot as Luke Bryan, but the man definitely exudes cool.



This blurry picture was taken by Michelle on her Blackberry and I think it’s hilarious. He’s probably thinking, “Holy @#$#@ this girl is tall!”

1 comment:

  1. To be fair to you, Mellencamp is actually a rather diminutive man (5'7" on a good day?). But yes, he is still hot!! I congratulate you for asking for the shot. He is such a hero to me that I'm not sure I'd be able to summon the courage.

    ReplyDelete