Wednesday, June 2, 2010

#82 Lacrosse Championships

Two Indy friends (Michelle and Phil) and I traveled to Baltimore over Memorial Day Weekend for the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships. Baltimore is a fun city and you can walk everywhere - the Inner Harbor, M&T Bank Stadium, Camden Yards, and the surrounding neighborhoods (including Fells Point). All three divisions have their championships here, with the Division I semis Saturday, Divisions II and III finals Sunday, and the Division I final Monday. Notre Dame made it to the final game but lost in OT to Duke (aka Puke). Tufts won the DIII championship and C.W. Post won the DII championship. Other highlights include the following:

The poodle in the Inner Harbor welcome center. I have no comment.



Fells Point. Great restaurants/shops/bars. We hit Max's and I drank my first full glass of beer in 12 years (most beer tastes nasty). Lindeman's Framboise is a Belgian raspberry beer that is awesome. The last time I had it was when I lived in Seattle.





Inner Harbor. It's a fun spot to walk around - lots of shops/restaurants/street performers. You can also take a Water Taxi to Fells Point, Canton, and Fort McHenry.





Last but certainly not least - LACROSSE.







It was an aweseome weekend. I saw some old friends in Baltimore and had a great time with Phil and Michelle. Great weather, great games, great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment