Tuesday, May 4, 2010

#69 Hit and Run

Last Friday night I was in Broad Ripple celebrating Julie's birthday. Will she kill me if I list her age? I am right behind her... Anyway, Julie, Krista, Michelle and I ate at La Piedad. Yum! We walked around BR for a while. Unfortunately all the cute shops close at 6 or 7 so they were closed. You'd think they'd stay open later on a Friday.

I had parked on Cornell next to the Broad Ripple Brew Pub. Krista had to go to the bathroom (she has a bladder the size of a peanut) after our walk so Julie and I waited in the car. The streets are narrow, so one car can go through at a time. Two cars headed toward each other, one a large, white pickup truck. The other car waved him to turn into the Brewpub so he could continue down Cornell. So the truck starts to turn in and proceeds to sideswipe my car. It happened so slowly I could hear the scraping. I honked my horn several times. He kept going. I assumed he had to know he hit my car. I got out after he passed me thinking I'd get his name and information and he kept going! Are you serious?! Tons of people were outside at the Brewpub and walking down the street and he took off. I wrote his license number on my hand. We did drive around the neighborhood looking for him to no avail. I called the police and filed a report. As of today, I haven't heard anything from the police. Apparently the hit and run department doesn't work weekends. They told me to call back at the end of the week. Luckily my car is not badly damaged - only a big, black scrape on the left front. Hopefully they will find him and punish him under the fullest extent of the law. Whatever that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment