Tuesday, January 5, 2010

#24 Statistics, Schmatistics

I had two weeks off over Christmas and New Year's. Although I don't watch Dr. Phil on a regular basis, one of his promos sounded interesting and I decided to watch. It was about women over 40 dating and getting married. One statistic he mentioned right off the bat made me sorry I turned on the TV - women have a better chance of being struck by lightning than getting married after age 40. What?! (I mentioned this to a friend who told me I already had a high probability of getting struck by lightning since I'm closer to the sky.) Combine that with another statistic I heard recently - 5 percent of the male population is over 6'2" - and I am not in a good statistical place as a 6'6" 41 year-old single woman.

It's a good thing I don't live my live based on statistics. I still have hopes of getting married and possibly even having kids. A long shot? Yes. But I believe that with God all things are possible. Even proving Dr. Phil wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment