Monday, November 30, 2009

#14 Monumental Christmas Tree

Each day-after-Thanksgiving in Indianapolis, the city lights the "World's Largest Christmas Tree" on Monument Circle (the center of the city). It's actually lights strung up to look like a tree (if you couldn't figure it out).



My friend Julie and I ventured out on the lovely evening to take in the festivities. Paul, Aaron, Allie (his girlfriend), Megan, and her friend Jenna, met us there after watching Fountain Central get stomped 52-0 in the Class A football championship. (Lori's brother's kids go to Fountain Central.) Julie and I started out in a not-so-crowded area of the Circle watching the big screen, until I made the fateful decision to get closer to Paul and co. We made it, but it was not a pleasant experience and then had the constant bump from behind as others tried to make their way through the crowd.

Crowds like this are not a problem for super talls like me. I can always see what's going on and people can always find me. When meeting friends I'll say, "Look for me!" Paul is 6'4" so he has no trouble either. Aaron is about 6'1" or 6'2". Allie, however, is maybe 5' so she felt very claustrophobic in the crowd.

We capped the night off at Jockamo Pizza (http://www.jockamopizza.com/) on Indianapolis' far East Side. Yum-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment