Monday, November 30, 2009

#13 Aaron and the Thanksgiving Trifle

I spent Thanksgiving at my parents with my brother David and my other brother and his family (Paul, Lori, and previously mentioned Aaron and Megan). My dad does most of the cooking, but this year I volunteered to make one of the desserts I had seen on Paula Deen's show - a gingerbread pumpkin trifle.



After Aaron arrived, he looked at the pies my dad had made (blueberry and pecan) and asked, "Where's the pumpkin pie?" Uh oh.... I forgot that pumpkin is Aaron's favorite pie. I broke the news that there would be no pumpkin pie this year and I think his bottom lip actually quivered. He quickly recovered and even liked the trifle, but mushed it up so much that it looked like cat vomit. And then he gave his best Wolverine impersonation with his new cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment