Tuesday, November 10, 2009

#10 Heels or No Heels?

Since I'm on the subject of shoes, I will answer yet another common question I receive - "Do you wear heels?" Of course I do! My reasoning is that I am already super tall at 6'6". Even if I walked around with NO shoes I would still be super tall, so I might as well wear cute shoes.

My first recollection of wearing heels was in high school. For some reason I wore 1 1/2" heels one day. I am surprised I did that, since I was a lot more sensitive about my height back then. They went with a dress I had, so that must have pushed me over the edge.

Currently I only wear heels to work. I own one pair of 3" T-straps (these have about a 1/2" platform under the toe), one pair of 2 1/2" suede pumps and a pair of 2 1'2" black mary janes (see photo from Posting No. 7). Last week at Nordstrom I bought a pair of super cool black booties (Mee Toos) that are 3". I can walk comfortably in the others, but there is something about the booties that feel extra high. I plan to bring them to work and wear them on carpet to see how they feel. If I can't deal with them for a day at work, they are going back.

When I'm out and about on the weekends, I opt for flats. Again, still super tall, but I don't want to flaunt it too much in case I may run into a cute, tall guy. That doesn't happen very often, but this tall chick still has hope!

For all you super tall chicks out there - if you see a pair of shoes you love and they happen to be heels, go for it! You may just hear someone say, "Great shoes!" instead of "How tall are you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment